AROH-Uganda which operates two schools, a health clinic, a women's micro-finance program, and provides ongoing community support in the outlying districts of Jinja, Uganda. AROH stands for Aim for Restoration Of Hope.
AROH-Uganda was founded in Uganda in 2000 by Ronald Mugabi, who is the current Director of AROH.
Both organizations' mission is to help the children of the villages around Ronald's hometown support themselves as they grow up to be adults. The majority of the children AROH helps are afflicted with HIV/AIDS.
AROH currently runs two schools in Wairaka (Divine Hope) and Magadda (St. Paul's); assists with an orphanage in the village of Kiboyo; and has completed See the Opening Celebration photos on Flickr.) The charity also assists with the education of teenagers through a small computer training school and funds classes for local women to train in skills such as manufacturing clothing as well as arts and crafts. A micro-finance program for women is in development.
From a grassroots level, our work in fundraising ensures over 80% of the money we collect goes to the children and the families served by AROH-Uganda. The remaining 20% of our fundraising efforts pays for teachers and administrative staff salaries. Over $120,000 has been raised. If you can help, no matter how small the donation, it would be appreciated by all the kids and families of AROH.
AROH-USA staff work for the benefit of all in AROH in our free time. All of the work we do for AROH is done for no financial gain. We all just want to help others.
PLEASE NOTE: Our old website at aroh-usa.com crashed. We are in the process of building this new site -- please excuse our appearance while we are under construction. The old site is still visible through the wonders of the "Wayback Machine" at
http://web.archive.org/web/20080601230106/http://aroh-usa.com/default.aspx if you would like more detailed immediate information. Thanks for your understanding!
February 16th 2015
St Paul's School Breakfast and Lunch Program
This weekend, the food for the children for the first semester of school was delivered to St Paul's School in Myugi. Thanks to Connie and Kenny Locke from Livingston, Scotland for raising the money for both school's breakfast and lunch programs. The kids of Divine Hope and St Paul's and all at AROH thank you and your friend's for reaching out to help our children.